Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Settled in.

I think I am finally settled in for the most part. I am getting to understand my host family better (still not all that well though), I can officially make my way to ICU no problem, I signed up for a trip to a kabuki show this Friday (I got one of the last 3 spots!), and I know the campus well enough not to get horribly lost. Not to mention the classes are quite managable so far, and the content easy to follow. Yeah I know it's going to get much harder, but hey, I'm going to savor it while I can.

The teachers are excellent by the way. And I feel that by having spent so much time watching anime I actually have a real leg up, because even though I don't have the practical knowledge yet, I understand subconsciously how the language sounds and flows, whereas some other students are struggling with it.

One of my friends in the class is a half Japanese half Canadian who is taking the class to be able to communicate with her family in Japan. She comes here every summer and has a general knowledge of the country. As such, she has offered to go to Shibuya, one of the biggest shopping districts in Japan with me one weekend. I have also found two guys who also booked their flights home late so they could explore Japan further. All in all, things are really going well.

Oh and instead of posting pics here, form now on I'm going to use my new flickr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40163232@N05/ enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! u r fantastic and the dialog is really great...u obviously can be a journalist as u convey a well rounded picture so easily...keep up the good work...we look at your blog every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy Keep posting some pictures in your blog too !

    ReplyDelete